Sunday, December 30, 2007

Questions

Is it reasonable to expect God to reward every 3 weeks of work?
Why doesn't God move more quickly here in the United States? A new church plant takes months, usually years, to get well-established. I wonder if the churches I've heard about in Africa and Asia grow more deeply and quickly? This will be an interesting online search...
Should I seek quick payoff opportunities, or is there value in struggling in difficult circumstances? Where is the dividing line between godly, hard work and foolish, unwise use of energy and resources?
Ultimately, I realize that Paul's successful experience in Thessaloniki is well outside the norm. I'm encouraged when I realize that even when things get off to a poor start, and I need to quit a task because of resistance from other people, God will use my effort to accomplish his goals.
The trouble is that I want to accomplish my goals, not God's.

No comments:

Post a Comment