Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mentor

Bill HybelsImage via Wikipedia

Paul encourages Timothy's leadership in 4:12. Godliness is more important to effective service than age.

Do I hold myself back because of my age? Would I be more effective (at school, at church, and at home) if I actively sought a mentor?

Bill Hybels, in his book Axiom, suggests that people ask for mentoring which is tied to a specific area of need and growth. He also suggests seeking multiple mentors for multiple areas of growth. This allows the person seeking mentoring to ask for advice catered to each mentor's strengths, and avoids the trouble caused when one person is completely dependent upon another.

Related links:
http://weblogg-ed.com/2009/personalizing-education-for-teachers-too/


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment