Wednesday, March 5, 2008

John Darby's Synopsis of the New Testament

It is interesting to note that ever since Jesus left the earth, people have tried to find new and different pathways to enlightenment.

In Darby's commentary, he highlights that John teaches us about the sufficiency of God's light, expressed through Christ.

From a post-modern perspective, I have found that my relationship with Christ brings more light into my life than any other relationship. Because of this experience, I can share this truth with others.

As I share my faith with others, it is reasonable to encourage nonbelievers to experiment with the Bible and Christ. If their names are written in the book of life, then they will experience an intimacy with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. If not, then that will quickly become clear.

My role is not to convince, but to nudge others toward giving the life I enjoy a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment