Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Theme of Philippians

Paul summarized his message to the Philippians well in 3:12-14.

Life is a marathon, not a sprint, and it is our job to focus on the prize. This is similar to Steven Covey's concept of beginning with the end in mind.

Do I live each day, do I approach each interaction, with the end in mind? Am I focused on what is truly important?

I particularly struggle with this concept within the context of work. There are pressures from below to support the faculty whom I represent. There are pressures from above to honor my superiors and trust their judgment, even when I'm not sure their decisions are the right thing.

Lord, I pray that you will give me wisdom and insight into this issue as I struggle to serve both my colleagues and my supervisors with a Christ-like, unselfish attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment