Tuesday, February 12, 2008

God's Intent

In verses 9-11, Paul makes it clear that God desires to save us from our sin.

The trouble is that people are often too stubborn to accept their own sinfulness!

It's like the parent who gets into a fight with their teenager because the kid missed curfew. All the parent is looking for is a simple apology to make things right, but the kid gives attitude instead. That escalates the situation into something ugly, and both the parent and the child feel hurt in the end.

We're just as guilty as the teenager when we give God attitude.

I need to be reminded of this truth. When do I give God attitude? Am I willing to apologize, rather than escalating my error?

The next time I become aware of a sin in my life, I will apologize rather than making excuses and giving attitude. This applies both to my prayer life and to my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment