Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday: New Year's Resolutions

I was born on Good Friday 1974, and as I've gotten older this has become more and more meaningful to me.

Many people make New Year's resolutions. I see Good Friday as my personal New Year. It gives me an opportunity to reflect upon where I've been and where I'm headed, particularly in relation to my spiritual walk.

My main focus for growth this upcoming year is in faith. Paul writes in Romans 12:6-8 that we can use our gifts in proportion to our faith.

I'd like to use my top three spiritual gifts--teaching, encouragement, leadership--more and more to help people learn more about Jesus. The foundation of accomplishing this annual goal, with an implicit love for people and hope in things unseen, is growing in faith.

My faith, hope, and love are summed up in 1 John 2:28-29. These verses speak for themselves.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment