Friday, January 18, 2008

1 Thessalonians 2:13

Paul writes, in 1 Thessalonians 2:13, "We always thank God that you believed the message we preached. It came from him, and it isn't something made up by humans. You accepted it as God's message, and now he is working in you."

This quote relates closely to Romans 1:18-22, where Paul describes God's fingerprint of existence through an objective view of the natural world.

My pastor, last night, held up a watch and showed it to the audience. He said, "When you look at this watch, does it make sense to claim that I threw the materials to make it over in a corner and it came together like this?"

Christians need to stop being so apologetic about referring to the concept of "Intelligent Design." However, we need to examine the most common atheistic arguments against God more carefully. I read recently on edge.org that David Hume laid out the most compelling arguments against the need for a creator.

I will read about David Hume in my philosophy textbook from Dr. Basinger's classes, so that I can review Hume's antireligious arguments. As a person who witnesses via reason and debate, I need to refamiliarize myself with the philosophical foundations of atheism.

No comments:

Post a Comment