Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Spiritual Gifts v. Personality Type

I appreciate the approach that my church adopts.

There is a balance between biblical truth and secular discoveries. It makes sense that if performance objectives work in business, then they should be applied responsibly to the operation of a church organization. If personality typing can improve relationships among colleagues at work, that this thinking should also apply to ministries at church.

This is particularly significant since Gary Smalley, a well-known Christian relationship expert, is a world leader in the interaction among people of different personality types.

Lord, I pray that I will be able to teach these concepts with wisdom and insight, and in a way that helps our church members and church ministries grow in capacity.

What are my performance objectives for facilitating NH301? I think I can follow the structure of national health objectives for breastfeeding: an initial percentage of "new recruits" and a lower but significant number of people firmly established in new ministries. How can we track this data through existing systems in the church office?

No comments:

Post a Comment