Saturday, January 5, 2008

Imitators

Paul in particular, and the Bible in general, teaches the value of following godly models.

For instance, in 1 Thessalonias 1:5-6, Paul refers to the positive example that he and Silas and Timothy lived out. Not only that, but he implies that imitating the three of them is equivalent to imitating Christ.

This leaves me with two significant questions. First, whom do I seek to imitate? I find it easier to answer this question vocationally, more difficult spiritually. One task I will complete today is meditating upon who to imitate spiritually.

Second, am I worth imitating? The Christian classic, Imitation of Christ, deals significantly with this issue. Much of the time, in many areas of my life, I do not feel that I am worth imitating. In fact, the thing I model best is probably my frequent and passionate reading of scripture. That is a big encouragement! I do have a valuable habit worth imitating!

No comments:

Post a Comment