Thursday, January 3, 2008

Prayer

When I have more time, I'm interested in reading Dennis L. Okholm's discussion of prayer.
For many years, using the "A-C-T-S" model of prayer, Adoration / Confession / Thanksgiving / Supplication, has been extremely helpful in helping me become more comfortable speaking with God. But one consequence of this habit has been that I've focused on a single, extended prayer time each morning. Days that I run late, I don't get around to praying until the end of the day.
What I'm trying to do now is learn more and more about praying continually (from chapter 5).
I will apply this lesson by saying a brief, silent prayer at the beginning of each lesson at school, and again right before getting home at the end of the work day. I will do this for at least the next 7 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment